06 October 2009


Aiaiai, haven't had time to update my blog recently. I had many visitors this month, going up and down between Abruzzo and Rome, and just before the first visitor arrived, I heard about a chance to write and article for a big magazine. Since then, things have been crazy. I have been going up and down Campo Imperatore numerous times to do research and interviews. Everything about wolves and shepherds and sheep in this fantastic place. Spent an amazing night there under the moon and the stars with fire, wine, fresh huge mushrooms and good interesting company, with 600 sheep sleeping nearby and big shepherd dogs sleeping even nearer...
Meeting shepherds and sheep is much, much easier than seeing a wolf, I learned (not that I thought otherwise). The wolves are there, there is proof of their presence every day with sheep killed and sightings by others, but I didn't see one with my own eyes yet. They are around, on these big empty hills, hiding in the grass, hunting silently .

Tomorrow I will leave for Bassano del Grappa and after for a week of work (and friends, and cakes, and Quark, and Spätzle, and beer, and a lecture by Bruno Latour) in Berlin.

PS I'm quite happy to announce that also this is Italy (found in Avezzano)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.